Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pure Ice

I've been waiting what feels like forever for the new Pure Ice polishes to hit my Walmart.  I ran in the other day for a few essentials while my car battery was being replaced and guess what I saw!


I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with this collection.  It's nice to see something besides a wall of cremes.  I picked out the four shades that seemed the most interesting to me because, lets face it, I really didn't need to spend that much in one trip. Below are Saddle Me Up, I'll Never Tell, Irreplaceable, and Twisted.



Saddle Me Up is a grass green glass fleck with a bit of yellow/gold shift. This one was a little runny and I had issues with keeping it from flooding.

It's a little more sheer than I prefer, but it looks fantastic over black.





I'll Never Tell is a chocolate brown jelly with copper shimmer and small white-ish flakes.  This one was difficult to photograph, but in person the color is warm and rich with an interesting frosty edge from the flakes.  It reminds me of salted chocolates.




Irreplaceable is a black jelly with silver shimmer, teeny black glitter and medium silver hexes.  The silver shimmer almost looks like it might be holographic, but it's not enough to really pop out.  The formula on this one was a nightmare: thick and goopy and hard to control.  I'm hoping I just got a bad bottle and that a few drops of thinner will straighten it out because I love this color.




Twisted is by far my favorite of the bunch.  It's a blue/green/yellow multichrome glass fleck.  The color shift doesn't translate well to the nail, but the formula of this one is the best of the four I chose.


And again, excellent for layering.




I used two coats for each of these, except for the ones layered over black.  They all seem to be fairly topcoat-hungry, so an extra coat wouldn't hurt.  Overall, the selection is great if you're looking for something a little more unusual from a drugstore polish and at $2 each, they're well worth the money.





No comments:

Post a Comment