Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 21 - Inspired by a Color


This is inspired by my favorite color when I was a kid: pinkandpurple.  Just about anything I owned or wore had to be pinkandpurple.  As a matter of fact, this manicure reminds me of a pair of dress-up shoes I used to have.  Seven-year-old me would have been in love with this mani.  Who am I kidding, grown-up me is pretty enthralled with it. It's just about the girliest thing I've worn in a long time.

This is three coats of Color Club Lavendarling. It's a lovely dusty medium purple.  It applied pretty smoothly and evenly, but seemed a little bit thinner than some of the other Color Clubs I own, thus the three coats.  This is from the Spring 2012 Blossoming Collection.  I found a place nearby that has some Color Club polishes, so I picked up this one and Diamond Drops, the flakie topcoat from the same collection.  It's a really interesting chunky holo flake/glitter.  I'll get around to swatching it some day if I ever finish this challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment