Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Day 13 - Animal Print


So this might not immediately come across as an animal print to most people.  There is a bit of a back story to this one. 

Before this challenge, we had two cats, Fuzz and Bobo.  I wanted to do something a little different from the usual leopard or zebra for day 13, so I had planned on this mani being all Bobo-print (grey with subtle tiger stripes) with a Fuzz accent nail. Unfortunately, shortly after starting this challenge, we had to put Bobo down.  So instead of an all-Bobo mani, I did an homage to all the cats I or my family members have owned.  Ok, almost all of them.  Rowdy and Percy didn't make the cut, but we didn't have either of them for very long.  I realize this makes me sound like a crazy cat lady, but I think I'm okay with that ;)

Here are a few pictures for reference:

Left to right: Junior, Rowdy, and Littlebit


Fuzz


Bobo


Thumper


For Junior (thumb) I used OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle, Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up, Color Club Rebel Spirit and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out.

For Thumper (index) I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White Out and Black Out.

For Bobo (middle) I used my unnamed Cosmetic Arts taupe, OPI A-Taupe The Space Needle, and Essie Power Clutch.

For Fuzz (ring) I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White Out, OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out.

For Littlebit (pinkie) I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White Out, OPI Swedish Nude, Wet n Wild Sunny Side Up, and OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle.

And because my husband is not a fan of matte, I included a picture with a glossy top coat below.  





No comments:

Post a Comment