Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 22 Redux and Duochrome Swatches


That's better.  This one really needed a little something more.  And the song, for those not familiar:





While I had the black on, I figured it would be a good time to try out some duochromes that I've been neglecting.  From left to right, this is Kleancolor Chunky Holo Black, OPI Just Spotted the Lizard, Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Amber Ruby, Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Lapis Amethyst, and on the thumb is Ulta Jaded.






 

If you ever ask yourself if you need Chunky Holo Black, the answer is always "Yes".  This is various sized glitter that flashes every color of the rainbow.  Every color.  Seriously.  Mine is extremely thick and goopy, but it goes on fine. This is one coat.

OPI Just Spotted the Lizard is reportedly a dupe for Chanel Peridot.  This is two coats.  To be honest, unlike most other duochromes this one loses something when layered over black.  

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms is a discontinued line, but the polishes can still be found on Ebay and various other places.  I bought Amber Ruby years ago when they were first introduced and in an I'm-an-adult-must-wear-boring-nail-colors purge, I threw it out.  I recently bought another bottle on Amazon and I'm so glad I did.  Mostly you'll see red, orange, and yellow, but a little bit of green comes out at certain angles.

Lapis Amethyst is another gorgeous one from the Nail Prisms line.  I found this one at Ross in a collection of random discontinued Sally Hansen colors and ever since I found it, I've been stalking the store looking for more. The black underwear really helps the purple/blue color shift to come out and unfortunately my photos don't really catch the blue.  

Ulta Jaded is a very subtle duochrome.  Mostly it's just a shimmery blueish green but at the right angles it shifts to a deep purpley blue. Black underwear is definitely a must for this one

I loved wearing all these together.  I felt like my nails were jewels.  


No comments:

Post a Comment