Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Darling Diva Polish - Reef Fish and Ringer

I just got a couple polishes from Darling Diva Polish on Etsy so I decided to take a break from the challenge to do a couple swatches.



First up is Reef Fish.  Above is one coat alone and one coat over Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Mint Sprint, white, and black.  This is large and small multicolor hex glitter, white square glitter, small round green glitter, and silver microglitter in a slightly greenish blue base.  There seems to be a little bit of shimmer as well, which adds an interesting dimension.  The large glitters are fairly concentrated and it's not too hard to get a few on your brush.  It went on very easily aside from the large glitters which needed to be dabbed on so they didn't stay on the brush.  I love the combination of glitters in this and I actually like how it looks alone, something I very seldom say about sheers.


This is four coats of Ringer.  This is apparently a dupe for Max Factor Fantasy Fire, although I don't have Fantasy Fire to compare it to.  Based on others' comparisons (google Darling Diva Polish Ringer to find them), it seems to be spot on.  Which is the whole reason I bought this!  I am all for cheap alternatives to expensive/hard to find polishes.

Ringer is a purple jelly with duochrome red/green shimmer.  It is extremely sheer and  I'd recommend layering it over something dark and opaque to bring out its beautiful glow and depth. 


This is one coat over Revlon Royal.  Two coats of Ringer would have shown the color shift a bit better, which is why I was unable to capture it in my photos.


Overall I love both of these polishes.  I'll probably be ordering a few more from her in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment