Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jewel Tone Skittle


My husband pointed out that for a blog named Color-Happy, my first posts were not very colorful.  This was meant to be a rainbow, but I realized I only have one yellow, and no oranges, so this is about as close as it gets right now.  I also waited too late in the day to take pictures, so I didn't have the best lighting and the colors are not totally accurate.

I used:
OPI  Got The Blues For Red. This is a beautiful blue red.  I did two coats for this mani, but I usually do three to four with this color to get full opacity.

Revlon Colorstay Buttercup. A two-coat pale yellow.  I spotted these at Walgreens the other day and fell in love with several of the colors.  The formula is pretty good, not too thick or too thin, and goes on smoothly and covers easily with two coats.  Dry time is about average.

Zoya Dree. This is the first Zoya I've ever tried and I am totally sold.  Fantastic formula and beautiful color (I love it with gold). The only thing I'm not crazy about is the brush.  I tend to prefer a slightly flatter brush.

Revlon Colorstay Midnight. This is a dusty medium blue, slightly lighter than what's shown in the picture.

Borghese Palermo Plum. This is a deep reddish purple, almost in the fuchsia range, but darker.  It's a rich, jewelly color with a lot of depth for a creme.  I'm actually  a little bummed about the placement of the stamp on my pinkie because I feel it covers up too much of the color. Two thick coats or three thin ones.

All are stamped with Revlon Gold Coin and plate BM03.




No comments:

Post a Comment