Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mod Snake


For some reason, this pattern makes me think of some kind of snake or dragon curving across my nails.  It's inspired by a design I saw somewhere and I'd love to credit it, but I can't find it or remember which blog it's on.  In retrospect, I think I'd like an accent nail on this one, reversing the blue and taupe.  I realize my thumb got smudged, but by the time I noticed it I didn't feel like redoing it.

I'm still getting used to how every tiny little flaw shows up in photos, so I'm not sure if this really is as uber messy as it seems. It could definitely use a coat of Seche Vite, but I ran out.  I used Revlon's Quick Dry Top Coat, which is a decent replacement and works well over a solid color, but I'm not totally happy with it.  It doesn't dry nearly as quickly as I'd like, doesn't have the shine that SV does, and doesn't even out bumps and glitter like SV does. Also, mine has started to cause some bubbling recently and I'm not sure why.  I've heard good things about Out The Door, so I might try to track that down in the near future.

On a related note, I discovered the other day that my Walmart has started carrying SV, so I don't have to make a trip to Ulta or Sally when I need more. Yay!  Not that I don't want to go to Ulta, but it's kind of a dangerous store.  I want to buy ALL THE THINGS.


I used Revlon Gold Coin, Nicole by OPI  Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam and something by Cosmetic Arts that didn't have a name.  It's kind of a warm taupe-y grey.

1 comment:

  1. You're being way too hard on yourself! Your design is really beautiful and unique, I can't see any flaws.

    ReplyDelete